Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A little rain never hurt no one :-)

It has been a long day. I have had to sit through meeting after meeting, carry 26 copies of ELA, Math, Social Studies, and Science books (and practice books!) up two flights of stairs and down the hallway to my classroom, clean my old apartment/return the keys, and come home to get my new apartment in order. Phew! I just got ready for bed and then had a thought pop into my mind... I asked Kev, "Is today Wednesday?" He said, "Yup! That means Wedding Wednesday! You better get blogging!" ...I love him.

So, although I feel like I should have been sleeping three hours ago, I promised last week that I would post this wednesday about "the first date." And that's just what I'm gonna do. :-)

If you read my "Our Story" section, you already know that we met working at a pharmacy, dated people/were single at opposite times, and couldn't quite get it together. Well, when Kevin did finally ask me out, we went to a restaurant in Skaneateles and sat outside on the water.

The temperature was nice, but the dark clouds of doom came rolling in about halfway through dinner. I kept saying, "Uh oh, I hope it doesnt rain on us..." He kept saying, "No, no... trust me. It'll pass." So, after dinner we decided to take a walk down the pier. As we're walking, Kevin did the classic "accidental, my hand just happened to knock into yours as we were walking" move in order to hold my hand. Very slick, buddy... Elated, we held hands as we walked until.... remember those storm clouds from earlier? Yup. Pouring rain. Oh, and hail. The size of quarters. We ran through the streets laughing hysterically until I lost my flip flop in the road. He went back and got it for me as we hid under the shelter of his car. He opened the car door for me that night and has done it every time since then. He is the epitome of a gentleman and the most chivalrous man that I know. He took me home after we talked in his car for hours and kissed me goodnight.

After a month of dating, my mom told me that he was the one that I was going to marry. Weird, right?

Year one!

Year four...and counting :-)

Next Wednesday, the proposal!


No comments:

Post a Comment